The cowgirl sex position is ideal for experimenting with your personal enjoyment.
The cowgirl is a popular choice among women because it gives them more control over their sexual experience and allows them to move more freely.
Here’s how to get into the cowgirl sex position, as well as other cowgirl variations to try.
What is cowgirl sex position?
To perform the traditional cowgirl pose, follow these steps:
- Your spouse should be lying flat on their back with their legs straight out in front of them.
- You sit straddled on top of them, your back to their head.
- Insert your spouse’s penis or a sex toy inside your vagina while sitting up straight.
When you’re on top, you can control the pace, depth, and angle of penetration, which can help you figure out what works best for you, according to Smith.
This position also allows for more clitoris rubbing and friction, which is the primary source of pleasure.
Stimulating your clitoris can increase your chances of having an orgasm – 37% of women reported they can only orgasm during sex if their clitoris is stimulated in a 2015 survey.
Advice on how to improve your cowgirl sex position
Cowgirl is best performed by bending somewhat forward over your spouse and rubbing your clitoris against their pelvis. Instead of bouncing up and down, you’ll be swinging your hips back and forth.
If the penetration feels too deep, you might elevate yourself up with cushions beneath your knees.
Variations on the cowgirl sex position
Here are three variations you can try with a partner if you’re already a pro at traditional cowgirl.
Cowgirl in reverse
To do it the other way around, cowgirl:
- Your spouse is lying flat on their back with their legs straight out in front of them.
- Make a 180-degree turn to face your partner’s feet.
- Sit with your knees on either side of your partner’s legs, straddling them.
Your partner’s penis or sex toy will penetrate you from a new angle during reverse cowgirl, Smith explains, “allowing for a distinct sort of play and exploration.” You have complete control over how you move, just like in the conventional cowgirl position.
Smith recommends leaning slightly backward to give yourself more freedom to stimulate your own clitoris. This can be done with your hands or with an external sex object such as a vibrator.
Cowgirl in a horizontal position
To do a horizontal cowgirl, follow these steps:
- Put yourself in the standard cowgirl position.
- Bend forward toward your companion until your chests are touching or close together.
You may still brace your knees and regulate the movement in this position, and the angle of penetration may allow you to better excite your G-spot.
The G-spot has more nerve endings than other sections of your vaginal wall, which could make it easier for you to climax during penetrative intercourse.
Because you can make close eye contact and kiss your partner, this position is more intimate than some of the other cowgirl varieties.
Cowgirl in a sitting position
To sit up like a cowgirl, do the following:
- Instead of lying down, your spouse sits up with their legs folded or out in front of them. It might assist if they had a wall against which to lean.
- You’re both sitting upright since you’re straddling their lap.
You might be able to massage your clitoris on their pelvis because your bodies are so close together.
Your lover can also use their tongue to stimulate your nipples, neck, and whatever else within reach in this sex position.
Takeaway from an insider
Cowgirl is a terrific sex position to stimulate your clitoris, G-spot, nipples, and more, depending on the variation you’re trying.
You can also choose how quickly or deeply you want to be penetrated, which may make orgasming simpler.
Cowgirl postures empower women by allowing them to manage their own pleasure while also adding diversity and spice to any sexual experience.